Learning Champions Partners
Champions Inspire - Partner Area
This page contains information on roles and responsibilities of partners in the Champions Inspire scheme and on recruiting and managing volunteer community learning champions.
It also offers advice on publicising and promoting the Champions Inspire scheme.
Click here to download a PDF version of a 'glossy brochure' which you could use to recruit volunteer learning champions.
If you would like an editable version (in Microsoft Publisher) of the brochure, which you can personalise to your organisation, please contact email@example.com
The respective roles and responsibilities of SLLP and the partners in the scheme are as follows:
Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership
- Develop the community learning approach
- Develop good practice
- Work with partners to see how this approach can be sustained
- Help provide learning solutions
- Manage the project
- Liaison with and reporting to NIACE
- Provide CLC role description
- Produce scheme promotional material
- Organise recruitment sessions and initial training
- Organise monthly support meetings
- Fund volunteer expenses (up to agreed limit)
- Fund some taster sessions or other learning support activities by mutual agreement
- Provide a volunteer management service and take responsibility for volunteer community learning champions in their settings
- Identify community learning champions
- Register learning champions
- Provide day-to-day support to community learning champions