We convene ad hoc Community Learning Partnership (CLP) meetings to bring together providers of education and training with other key stakeholders in order to promote and develop adult learning within the local area.
Membership may include representatives from the following organisations located or operating within the CLP area will be invited to become partners; Further and Higher Education Institutions, Training Organisations, Borough/District Councils, The National Careers Service, Jobcentre Plus, Surrey County Council, Library Services, Children’s Centres, Housing Associations, Community Groups and Voluntary Organisations.
The purpose of meetings are to:
- maximise the contribution of learning to local regeneration.
- provide local intelligence to the Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership
- understand and communicate local learner need to partner organisations
- develop and promote innovative solutions to local problems
- promote a spirit of partnership and genuine collaboration between providers of education, learning and training in order to increase and improve provision and make it more accessible, efficient and effective
- share knowledge and good practice across the CLP area and beyond.
- identify appropriate funding opportunities and how they can best be used in the interests of learners.