Projects Manager – 3-4 days per week (competitive salary offered)
Reporting to the Chief Executive the Projects Manager will:
- organise regular team meetings as a means of monitoring performance targets for all SLLP projects and allowing the team to address any issues relating to progress, quality or compliance.
- review and update the prospectus of SLLP courses to reflect learner needs, employer demand and requirements of funders.
- ensure the promotion and set up of courses runs smoothly and enter new courses onto the website.
- recruit and manage a small team of sessional trainers and external verifiers.
- ensure SLLP databases for learners and for other project beneficiaries are kept up to date, highlight areas where targets are not being met and to liaise with project leads to ensure agreed mitigating action is instigated.
- ensure that the progress reports/data returns are being made as required to our funding contractors (e.g. to the London Learning Consortium and the Skills Funding Agency).
- ensure that actions within the annual Quality Improvement Plans produced are being addressed.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Is an enthusiastic team player
- Is well organised and able work under their own initiative and plan their own work.
- Is an effective communicator, able to build relationships with staff, partners and learners
- Is able to manage within budgets set
- Is competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Has knowledge of adult learning funding and delivery practices
- Has experience of monitoring and measuring the performance of projects
- Is able to work with others to solve problems and keep delivery and reporting on target
Closing date: 25th May. For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 01483 487892
Sessional Tutors Wanted
We are looking for experienced tutors who are willing to be called upon to help us deliver learning as and when needed in one or more of the following subject areas:
- City & Guilds Online Basics, IT Skills
- Functional Maths levels 1 and 2
- Functional English levels 1 and 2
- Retail Levels 1 and 2
- Horticulture Levels 1 and 2
- Cycle Mechanics Levels 1 to 3
- Employability Levels 1 and 2
When called upon tutors will be asked to:
- Draft a scheme of work and lesson plans and deliver courses in local venues
- Monitor and manage learner attendance and maintain appropriate standards of behaviour
- Contribute to the internal and external quality assurance procedures in line with Awarding Body and SLLP requirements
- Complete documentation keeping appropriate records of learner performance and administration associated with the role and responsibilities.
- Uphold and promote SLLP’s policies including Equality & Diversity, Prevent, Health & Safety and Safeguarding.
If you are interested in joining us in achieving our mission please contact Linda Charlton on 01483 481789. We look forward to hearing from you.