Open Vacancies will show below, Click to download Job Specification :
Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership is a charity working to support Surrey residents into sustainable employment and work-related learning.
This is a 6-month placement, working 25 hours per week. Your work will be a mix of working at home and face to face working. Face to face work will be carried out in the Mole Valley area; probably Dorking / Leatherhead areas.
To broaden your life experience through hearing, seeing and understanding other peoples’ lives and viewpoints. To gain insight into how you could work in job roles which support others. To design, obtain and present project feedback, in an innovative manner showcasing participant views and project value.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB HOLDER
- Work with other staff to design, obtain and present feedback the project and participant journeys.
- To enrol, study and succeed in 1 or 2 work related short courses. For example, Information, Advice and Guidance; Safeguarding Principles; Understanding learning difficulties.
- To respond to emails; phone calls and provide administrative support to SLLP staff in their work supporting adults into employment and work-related learning.
- To work as part of a team; keeping colleagues informed and performing duties as needed.
- To maintain information records as required and in a timely manner.
You will probably enjoy this placement if you:
- Perhaps have an interest in journalism?
- Are willing to “give this role a try” and eager to learn
- Are interested in working with people
- Are a good listener
- Are patient
- Are interested in social inclusion, equality and diversity
- Have experienced disadvantage or faced personal challenges in your own life.
- Are interested in finding out about jobs which involve helping others
For an informal chat or to find out more about this role please phone or email:
Nanette Chandler, SLLP
To apply for this vacancy please ask your JCP Work Coach to put your name forward.