Open Vacancies will show below, Click to download Job Specification :
Vacancy for Youth Employment Advisor/Coach
Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership is a charity working to support Surrey residents into sustainable employment and work-related learning. The importance of providing this local support continues to grow with rising unemployment levels.
We are setting up a Youth Employment and Skills Hub in the Epsom and Ewell area, for which we are seeking x2 Youth Employment Advisors/Coaches to join our small friendly team. The people we seek have a background working in employability and/or careers information, advice, and guidance, with young adults. They will be self-motivated, tenacious and proactive and above all able to develop a strong rapport to support young people to succeed in employment. Both individuals will have a strong interest in and commitment to social inclusion, equality, and diversity.
The two individuals who join us will work as part of the Youth Hub team. Their primary role, within the team, will be to provide advice, guidance and practical help to young people relating to getting into work, volunteering or training towards work, and sustaining employment in the longer term. A full job description is available on request. In brief, duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Careers information, advice, and guidance sessions with young adults, to include information on employment, training, voluntary work
- Assist young adults with CV’s, job applications, interview techniques; developing work action plans; enrolling for accredited and non-accredited training
- Effective and timely record keeping; reporting and administration
- Raise awareness of, promote and facilitate take up of schemes such as Apprenticeships; Traineeships; Kickstart; Access to Work; Work Trials
Essential skills, qualifications and experience candidates will possess:
- A strong and proven track record in assisting young people with CV’s, job applications, interview techniques and enrolling for accredited and non-accredited training
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong ability to maintain accurate records and meet regular reporting deadlines
- Self-motivation; organisational skills and networking skills
- At least Level 4 QCF Level 4/SCQF 8/7 Careers information, advice, and guidance qualification. Ideally QCF Level 6+/SCQF Level 11/ICCI
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Posts: We are looking for 1 x full time and 1 x part-time and will initially be for 12 months.
Job-shares and/or flexible working hours will be considered for both positions.
Working face to face in various locations across Epsom & Ewell, Surrey; also virtually as required.
Please send your CV with covering letter; highlighting your interest in and suitability for this role to Claudia Aristide, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: Monday 9th August 2021
Kickstart placement available with SLLP – Next Steps Programme Project Assistant
Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership is a charity working to support Surrey residents into sustainable employment and work-related learning.
This is a 6-month placement, working 25 hours per week. Your work will be a mix of working at home and face to face working. Face to face work will be carried out in the Mole Valley area; probably Dorking / Leatherhead areas.
To broaden your life experience through hearing, seeing and understanding other peoples’ lives and viewpoints. To gain insight into how you could work in job roles which support others. To design, obtain and present project feedback, in an innovative manner showcasing participant views and project value.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB HOLDER
- Work with other staff to design, obtain and present feedback the project and participant journeys.
- To enrol, study and succeed in 1 or 2 work related short courses. For example, Information, Advice and Guidance; Safeguarding Principles; Understanding learning difficulties.
- To respond to emails; phone calls and provide administrative support to SLLP staff in their work supporting adults into employment and work-related learning.
- To work as part of a team; keeping colleagues informed and performing duties as needed.
- To maintain information records as required and in a timely manner.
You will probably enjoy this placement if you:
- Perhaps have an interest in journalism?
- Are willing to “give this role a try” and eager to learn
- Are interested in working with people
- Are a good listener
- Are patient
- Are interested in social inclusion, equality and diversity
- Have experienced disadvantage or faced personal challenges in your own life.
- Are interested in finding out about jobs which involve helping others
For an informal chat or to find out more about this role please phone or email:
Nanette Chandler, SLLP
To apply for this vacancy please ask your JCP Work Coach to put your name forward.